Posted By: Lori S
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
With summer just around the corner, many parents may be thinking about having their kids take a vacation from their ADD/ADHD medication. Most kids who have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD take drugs to help them stay focused at school. Since there's no school, can their be no drugs? Experts say it depends entirely on the child and parents should discuss their options with their child's doctors. Teenagers on medications are often better off to stay on their drug therapy regiment. Read more online.
Subscribe to the 4-ADHD.com Blog!
- New interest in behavioral therapy for kids with ADHD
- Parents Worry ADHD Drug Use Leads to Future Illegal Drug Abuse
- Exercise Helps Kids with ADHD
- New ADHD Diagnosis & Treatment Guidelines
- Exposure to Lead May Contribute to ADHD
- ADHD Drugs May Stunt Children's Growth
- Girls Struggle with ADD and ADHD
- Neurofeedback Used to Treat ADHD
- Exercise Helps Kids With ADHD
- Tonsillectomy May Help Alleviate ADHD